Project Management is the discipline of planning, organising and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific construction projects. The aim of project management is to achieve all of the project goals and objectives while adhering to classic project constraints; usually scope, quality, time and budget.
Too often cost consideration gets left out of the project managers list of priorities. Comcon differs from other project management teams by always seeking to balance time, cost and quality factors when managing a project.
Project management services provided are:
- Selecting the right consultants for the projects and consulting with the client regarding local and international licenses.
- Managing planning applications (IEE, EIA)
- Controlling design processes and ensuring design information moves smoothly along the different stages of construction
- Set a master programme for the project
- Feasibility studies on the design concept
- Quantity Surveying services for setting a budget for the project
- Assist the client in selecting the right contractors for the project
- Manage the design information releases
- Progress/Programme monitoring
- QA/QC management
- Full time site supervision
- Health & Safety management with the contractor on the project
- Review and approve method statement for high risk works
- Monthly project management report
Quantity Surveying (QS)
A Quantity Surveyor is a professional person working within the construction industry. The role of the QS is, in general terms, to manage and control costs within construction projects and may involve the use of a range of management procedures and techincal tools to achieve this goal.
The profession developed during the 19th century from the early “Measurer”, a specialist tradesman (often a guild member), who prepared standardised schedules for a building project in which all the construction materials, labour activities and the like were quantified and against which competing builders could submit price tenders. Because the tenders were each based on the same schedule of information, they would be easily compared to find the most suitable candidate.
Comcon’s staff is striking to break away from just performing the traditional Quantity Surveying functions. We offer commercial management of the project from the Inception to Feedback stages of construction. Each assignment is undertaken on an individual basis utilising the combined skills and experience of our personnel, supported by a comprehensive database of historical and current information.
We provide expert insurance evaluation to damaged structures and insurance claims. Some of our previous experience include evaluations of war damage at Pochentong Airport, Cambodia, evaluation of fire damage at the Kempinski Hotel, Bangkok and evaluation of a contractors’ insurance claim at Phu-May 3 Power Station, Vietnam.
Construction Efficiency Study:
From time to time clients will ask us to conduct a construction efficiency study. We are one of few consultancies in the Far East carrying out such a task.
Recent clients include Chevron.
Claims and Disputes:
When contractual disputes arise an objective, reasonable and fair assessment is required. Comcon’s highly qualified teams are experts in producing claims for all parties. Previous experience includes preparation of arbitration defence for the Singapore MRT, production of contractual claims for IS projects on behalf of Siemens.
Quantity Surveying Pre-Contract Services:
- Feasibility Studies
- Provision of preliminary estimates, budgets and detailed cost plans
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities
- Tender Documentation
- Tender reviews, analysis and recommendations
- Contract and sub-contract documentation
Quantity Surveying Post-Contract Services:
- Cost Control
- Contract Administration
- Interim and Final accounts
- Valuation of variations
- Financial monthly reporting
- Contractual claims and disputes